CancerCare Manitoba located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. We invite applications for the position of:

148 - Clinical Fellowship in Radiation Oncology

Department of Radiology - Section of Radiation Oncology

CancerCare Manitoba / University of Manitoba

Competition #: 148- 19

Closing Date: August 5, 2019

  • Term
  • Full-Time
  • (1.0 EFT)

July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021

Overview:

 

Clinical Fellowship in Radiation Oncology

CancerCare Manitoba / University of Manitoba

Department of Radiology

Section of Radiation Oncology

Term, Full-Time

July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021

A one-year clinical fellowship position is being offered at The University of Manitoba in the section of Radiation Oncology located in CancerCare Manitoba (CCMB) commencing July of 2020.

The focus of this Fellowship is advanced clinical training in precision radiation therapy with training in Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT). In our center, we offer SBRT for selected cases with lung, spine, liver and prostate cancers. State of art Edgde Radiosurgery Platform equipped with Calypso Tracking system has been commissioned and respiratory gating has been implemented for lung and liver SBRT. About 40% of the Fellow’s time would be protected for research and program development while the other 60% would be dedicated to obtain clinical experience in areas of mutual interest. The fellow will have close collaboration with Thoracic, Urological and Gastrointestinal Oncology Disease Site Groups at CCMB. Opportunities for collaborative research projects in clinical outcomes, translational research, physics, and epidemiology are available and would be tailored to the interests of the successful candidate.

The Fellow will hold a PGY6 equivalent position within the Department of Radiology and will be paid an annual stipend according to PARIM guidelines.

The Department of Radiology’s section of Radiation Oncology and CCMB Radiation Oncology Program reside in a state-of-the-art clinical outpatient and cancer research facility in Winnipeg on Faculty of Health Science, College of Medicine’s University of Manitoba campus. Equipment includes 7 Varian linear accelerators, high dose-rate and prostate brachytherapy suites, 2 simulators and a new orthovoltage unit. In addition to the use of IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc, Gamma Knife Perfexion SRS, and an integrated electronic medical record. The Edge Radiosurgery system from Varian Oncology is operated in partnership with Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.

The Department of Radiation Oncology at CCMB sees approximately 3500 consultations per annum from Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario encompassing a population of 1.3 million. The Department presently has sixteen radiation oncologists, eleven medical physicists, and eight residents. Patients are seen within a multidisciplinary disease site group model.

Applicants for fellowship must meet the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM) eligibility criteria for obtaining an Academic Post Certification Trainee license in Manitoba. Applicants should have successfully completed residency training in Radiation Oncology prior to commencement of the Fellowship. International Medical Graduate applicants must pass an English language testing exam (IELTS) with qualifying score, provide evidence that they are recognized as specialists in the jurisdiction where they are currently practicing medicine.

Candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names of three references electronically by August 5, 2019 to the Radiation Oncology Fellowship Program Director:

Dr. Maged Nashed, MD, PhD, FRCPC

c/o Ms. April Bodnarchuk , Fellowship Administrator

ON3251-675 McDermot Avenue

Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0V

 

Comments:

This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.

CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.

We thank all that apply and advise that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.

Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number to:

CancerCare Manitoba
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9

E-mail: jobs@cancercare.mb.ca