Diagnostic Tests

To help make an accurate diagnosis your physician may perform one or more of the following examinations:

Your doctor may refer you to an Urologist who specializes in urinary tracts of males and females, and on the reproductive system of males. The urologist will repeat some of the examinations already performed by your physician.

He/she may also analyze various urine specimens as well as a prostatic fluid specimen obtained by massaging the prostate gland during DRE for signs of inflammation and infection. These samples will help your physician determine whether your problem is inflammation or infection and whether the problem is in your urethra, bladder, or prostate.

Other tests your urologist may consider employing are: