Introducing CervixCheck, CancerCare Manitoba. Formerly the Manitoba Cervical Cancer Screening Program. CervixCheck will continue to provide our partners with the same services, facilitate increased access to screening, and educate women about the importance of Pap tests for the prevention of cervical cancer.
- 75% of men and women will be infected with HPV in their lifetime.
- HPV can cause abnormal changes on the cervix and cervical cancer.
- 1 in 4 women will have an abnormal Pap test in her lifetime.
- About 45 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year in Manitoba.
- 60% of women diagnosed with cervical cancer have not had a Pap test in five years or more.
- Regular Pap tests can prevent up to 80% of cervical cancer.
- You can request a copy of your Pap test results, call us at (204) 788-8626 or 1-866-616-8805.