CancerCare Manitoba located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. We invite applications for the position of:
Communication Clerk - Float
Nursing - MacCharles
Permanent Full-time (1.0 EFT)
Competition #: 25-17-713505521
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Communication Clerk performs a variety of clerical tasks, supportive functions for patient and staff, and the Department.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Unit Clerk course.
- Excellent interpersonal communication at a 40S English level (or equivalent).
- Excellent English comprehension with both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks e.g. pushing carts with patient charts.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or ability to obtain same prior to employment.
- Good employment record
Will be assessed during the interview process:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to stressful situations.
Will Be Assessed During Testing:
- Computer keyboarding skills of 30-50 wpm
- Proficient medical terminology (70% pass rate)
- Previous experience in patient care setting.
- Basic computer skills.
Click here to view additional information on minimum language requirements.
Comments: Please submit a proof of education and English 40s equivalency, and certificates, which references the Competition Number.
For email submissions please include the competition number in the email subject line.
Salary: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number:
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9
or Fax: (204) 786-0181
Closing Date: March 21, 2017